Pike's Peek


Make text smaller Make text larger



Photos





The detail in last week's clue got recognized by some sharp-eyed readers.

Doug and Babette Dow write, "This is the plaque on the front of the Old Stone Courthouse, 500 Broad Street, Milford. Originally built in 1814, this historic stone building has been used at a court house, First Presbyterian Church, Methodist Church, Episcopal Church, County Jail, and is currently home of the Pike County Sheriff's Office. Yikes! What a history!"

Yes indeed. Check out our story this week on the new courthouse annex, which amounts to number 4 for Pike County since the start of the 19th century.

Others to get the clue right are Suzanne Ryerson and Pike County Commissioner Matt Osterberg.

Thank you for playing along.



Make text smaller Make text larger

Comments

Pool Rules



MUST READ NEWS

Best and worst Halloween candy for children’s teeth
Halloween is just around the corner. And although candy consumption is almost unavoidable this time of year, the Academy of General Dentistry wants parents and children to know...
Read more »
Image

Are we positive? Yes we are!
Delaware Valley Elementary School hung up a banner in the cafeteria, where students from second through fifth grade were asked to write positive messages so that everyone could...
Read more »
Image

Tension over tattoos: Parents concerned about health effects, future employment
Seventy-eight percent of parents in a national poll had a clear answer when asked how they would react if their own teen wanted a tattoo: absolutely not.
However, another 1 in...

Read more »
Image

American Legion installs officers
The David McKelvy Peterson American Legion Post 254 in Honesdale recently announced its new officers for 2018-19: Commander James Bruck, First Vice Commander Chester Gorski,...
Read more »
Image

VIDEOS



Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Community Newspapers



MOST COMMENTED



Weather in Milford, PA