Many of us are doing our part to stop the spread of coronavirus by staying put. What are you doing to keep yourself and your family occupied? Share your ideas with our readers Share your ideas with our readers by messaging The Pike County Courier on Facebook or sending us an email at email@example.com.
The events you've seen announced recently in this newspaper have very likely been cancelled, so we’re looking for good ideas about fun stuff we can do instead.
Did you know that the trails at national, state, and local parks are still open? Get some fresh air and exercise while looking for the first signs of spring. To find a park near you, visit:
● New York: parks.ny.gov/parks
● New Jersey: state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests
● Pennsylvania: dcnr.pa.gov
● Delaware Water Gap National Recreational Area: nps.gov/dewa/index.htm
The Pike County Library is closed until March 29, but you can still download ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and other materials to enjoy at home. Get an online tutor, learn a language, discover your family’s ancestry and more at pikecountypubliclibrary.com.
Soon it will be time to put in your garden. The Master Gardener program offered through your local cooperative extension offers lots of online information and consultation with expert volunteers. Visit:
● PennState Cooperative Extension of Pike County: extension.psu.edu/pike-county
● Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orange County: cceorangecounty.org
● Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Orange County: sussex.njaes.rutgers.edu