Flood update:

| 29 Sep 2011 | 09:03

    Pike County designated for federal disaster aid MILFORD - Governor Edward G. Rendell has announced that Pike County is one of the 10 counties designated for Federal Disaster Assistance for the Individual Assistance program. This program provides grants to eligible individuals for temporary housing, home repair, home replacement and permanent housing construction. Other damages are also eligible under FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. Residents applying for disaster assistance need to call FEMA’s toll-free number at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or apply on-line at www.fema.gov/assistance/index.shtm. Disaster loan assistance available Pike County IDA and Chamber office coordinating MILFORD - The Pike County Industrial and Commercial Development Authority and Pike County Chamber of Commerce are working with the University of Scranton’s Small Business Development Center to assist local businesses affected by recent flooding. The University’s center has a team ready to meet with impacted business owners about the resources that are available to them and can help them with loss documentation and applying for available financial assistance through the Small Business Administration’s Disaster Loan Program. All local business owners need to do is ask. All consultations are free of charge and confidential. The center will provide all necessary forms. Anyone interested in meeting with the center team to find out how to apply for a Disaster Loan, should contact the Pike County Industrial and Commercial Development Authority at 570-296-7332 to register for assistance. A center consultant will contact all applicants to schedule an appointment at the Pike County IDA/Chamber office at 209 E. Harford Street, Milford, at a mutually convenient date. Applicants will be asked to provide a brief statement on the extent of the damage and also be able to provide pictures of the damage incurred. For more information, call the Pike County IDA at 570-296-7332.